All Molokai Visitors
Please make sure to read the following important information to make the most of your stay on Molokai.
Travel Information for Molokai
Please make sure you have your transportation sorted to Molokai. The flights book fast! The event will be chartering a few flights the weekend of the race. Please reach out with any immediate questions to email@example.com.
Molokai-Outdoors is an official partner of the race and will be able to help with transportation for all athletes – regardless if arriving by air or ferry from Maui. Molokai Outdoors is a great resource for all your travel needs and adventures on Molokai.
Clare and Gordon Albino are local to Molokai and run Molokai Outdoors and the Molokai Holokai Ho’olaule’a race on July 14-15. They are huge supporters of the event. Please consider the opportunity to race at the Holokai Ho’olaule’a. More info can be found at Holokai Ho’olaule’a
Taxi/Shuttle Service: You can book online with Molokai Outdoors or call 1-808-633-8700.
Contact numbers: LOCAL 1-808-633-8700 and toll free 1-877-553-4477
- Bring a pre-race breakfast, there are no restaurants near the Kalua Koi resort complex. DINNER Saturday night will be offered to all paddlers for $10. Please plan for this. There will be no tickets sold for this. Please be prepared to pay in cash to the caterers.
- The Kalua Koi Hotel will be closed. The race will be headquartered at the Kalua Koi Villas, 808 552 2721 or 800 367 5004. Molokai Vacation rentals will assist in any needs you have for accommodations. They sell out quickly. Please contact Dayna at Molokai Vacation Rentals toll free at 800-367-2984 or direct at 808-553-8334. Information can be found at www.molokai-vacation-rental.com.
- Molokai Outdoors is our official partner on Molokai for all your transportation and activities on Molokai. They can be reached at www.molokai-outdoors.com or toll free at 1-877-553-4477 or local number 858-227-4507. Clare is a huge supporter of the event and can help with a number of requests on logistics.
- THERE WILL BE NO CAMPING on the beach or on the old hotel property. PLEASE respect this requirement from the hotel property and RESPECT all public access to the beach. Camping is allowed at PAPOHAKU park which is about ¾ of mile south of the Kalua Koi area. There is a bathroom and shower there. A permit can be obtained by calling Molokai Parks and Recreation. 808-553-3204.
- PLEASE NOTE that Papohaku Park is the best spot for boats to anchor for the Saturday night. It’s a large beach with sandy bottom. The Shores surrounding the resort are protected reefs. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR BOAT CAPTAINS ARE AWARE OF THIS. Encourage your captains to anchor at Papohaku.
- Taxi service from the airport to the Villas and Papohaku is available (they are not equipped to get your board to the hotel). Call 808-553-4477 to make arrangements (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org). Molokai Outdoors (808-633-8700 or Toll free 877-553-4477) Molokai Outdoors will help with board transfer.